[Nfb-krafters-korner] are you a yarn-a-holic?

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 21:08:34 UTC 2012

I loved this one.  How true it all is to me!

In a message dated 3/21/2012 4:53:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
flowersandherbs at gmail.com writes:

Hello  all,

I am sorry, I saw this as a post and do not have a  reference for it, but it
is just so funny and something most of us can  relate to, I just had to
share
it with all of  you!

Cathy

A recent study has indicated  that yarns give off certain pheromones that
hypnotize women and cause them  to purchase ungodly amounts of yarn. When
stored in large quantities in  enclosed spaces, the pheromones in the yarn
causes memory loss and induce  the gathering syndrome, similar to the one
squirrels have before the onset  of winter.

Sound tests have also revealed that these yarns emit a very  high-pitched
sound heard only by a select few, known as stitchers. When  played backward,
the sounds are heard as chants.`Buy me! Knit me!'  Furthermore, pheromones
seem to cause a pathological need to secret the  yarn purchases away when
one
takes them home and blend them into the  existing stash. When asked by a
significant other if the yarn is new, the  reply is, "oh, I've had it for a
while!"

In order to overcome the  so-called feeding frenzy effect that these yarns
cause, one must wear a  face mask when entering a storage facility, and use
ear plugs to avoid  being pulled into their grip. It is also beneficial to
enter these storage  facilities without the presence of cash or credit
cards.

Sad to say,  the addictive qualities of this compulsive behavior are
cumulative, and are  ameliorated only by the purchase of more and more and
more yarns.

No  cure is known at this  time.

Nfb-krafters-korner  mailing  list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org