[Nfb-krafters-korner] my new craft projects

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 03:55:29 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Oh my! I just couldn't resist! No it wasn't yarn this time. instead it was
beads and wire!

I went to shipwreck beads tonight and bought supplies for two projects I'd
like to try making. I have some instructions, but the overall patterns will
be my own for both. that is new in and of itself for me.

The first project was born from my discussions with some one regarding
I-cord looms and beads. I wanted to make something. I finally decided to try
using wire and beads on a Clover Wonder knitter to make a bracelet and
necklace. I bought two different types of silver seed beads and 26 gauge
wire in silver. So we will see how that goes.

Then my second idea came from another woman who is making a beaded horse
collar. I decided to make a dog collar using cotton yarn, pony beads and a
flower or flexi loom.  I already had a variegated green so purchased 9mm
bright yellow round pony beads and 12mm crystal heart beads.  My little
black beauty will look nice in it I hope.

So, don't hold your breath anyone. Who knows when I will actually begin
these projects. I am very slow in my craft making, especially with nice
weather and my garden calling me outside. But I will keep everyone posted on
these projects.

Current status on other projects:

First 12" square for felted bag still not completed.

Mom's twisted knit loomed shawl, three feet wide now.

My lacy shawl with T and Q yarn, also around 36"wide now.

Crocheted baby blanket for donation 19" square now.

Happy crafting everyone.

Spring is officially here!

Cathy