[Nfb-krafters-korner] Bar Code Scanner & Credit Card Machine for iPhone

Neva Fairchild nevafairchild at verizon.net
Sat May 5 02:03:22 UTC 2012

I was talking with Nancy Miracle from Digit-Eyes and she sent me information
that some of you who wanted to be able to use your iPhone to process credit
card sales may want to know about. You may not need the bar code scanner,
but the sled style mentioned below also has the credit card and it does not
use the headphone jack. Here's what she sent me:

The vendor that has the bar code equipment for the iPhone is SerialIO.
www.serialio.com
Their site isn't very accessible, unfortunately.
On our site, we have a review of two of their scanners:
http://www.digit-eyes.com/Blue_Tooth_Laser_Scanner_Reviews.html
The product I saw last week is a "sled" that the phone fits into. It is
actually the Koamtac KDC 400
http://www.koamtac.com/kdc400.htm
I'll be writing a review of that later today and I can send you the link
when I've finished.
We also have usage instructions and we re-did their documentation so it was
possible to configure the scanners without being sighted (a fairly major
failing in my opinion.
I met with them last Thursday and gave them copies of documentation that
will work for both people with vision and without, but I wasn't completely
confident that I got their attention....

Neva Fairchild
972 416-7039