[Nfb-krafters-korner] class recordings

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri May 18 14:08:43 UTC 2012

For any new folks here I thought I would explain about the class
recordings.

Class recordings are not done for every class.  It is totally up to  the
teacher if she wants her class recorded.

Classes that are recorded, Laurie Porter, our Second Vice President is in
charge of distributing the recordings.  She gets a class list and she
checks the list to who comes to the class.  Recordings are only available  to
students that sign up and attend classes.

What to do when you get Laurie's email:

You should get an email from Laurie at:

_freespirit1 at tds.net_ (mailto:freespirit1 at tds.net)
and in the email there is a website address. This is Krafters Korner
dropbox. copy and paste the address into your browser[if hitting enter does not
take you there]. [this pertains to the soap class recording,Wait a couple of
 minutes as I said the beginning is no sound and the ladies start talking
more  then 1 minute into the recording.
Once you start hearing folks talk [you are then in Windows play mode], now
hit the alt key which is file, hit enter and arrow down to "Save As". The
file  is already labeled with a name[soap class][it is an MP3 file]. It takes
a little  bit to download and save.[There is a counter you will here going
from 0 to 100].

Once you have saved the file it will continue talking what we recorded,.
You can exit out of the Windows media player like normal.

Now to find this recording if it does not show up when you go to Windows
media player [how you would open a file or files that you have played] You
need  to go to your Windows download folder and you will find the file in
there.

You need to save the file on your computer in order to use it in the future
 for reference as we do not keep these files in the dropbox forever. I
really  don't knbow how long they are kept in the dropbox, Laurie might have
that  answer.