[Nfb-krafters-korner] What loom stitch am i making?

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 21:29:21 UTC 2012

Tanya, Terry and others,

Tanya, if you could send me instructions that would be great. And
thanks for letting me know I'm e-wrapping.

Terry, as for brims on hats and ending hats... I have been using this
great baby yarn for making baby hats that is so think and so soft and
so nice it doesn't really need a brim. You can simply just fold it up.
I do need to learn how to make a brim. I understand how to do it but
I'm not sure how to bring the end up onto the pegs without making
things crooked.

As for ending, my mom told me to end with a single row of yarn on each
peg, cut the yarn from the yarn ball so there is about two feet left,
thread a yarn needle with the yarn that you just cut, and then take
the needle and insert it behind each loop on each peg and cast it off.
Eventually, when the entire hat comes off the loom you gently pull the
yarn and close the opening by pulling the yarn tight enough to close
the end. You do a stich or two in the middle to keep it closed and it
is done. It looks pretty cute without a pom-pom, but even cuter with
one on top so I usually put one on. I've made 3 and they are easy to
make in two hours for a beginner like me. I'll probably bring a few to
convention and I'll also find out the name of the yarn I fell in love
with.

LM