[Nfb-krafters-korner] consistency with edges in crochet

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:07:03 UTC 2012

Lovette wrote:

I am struggling with consistency with my edges.
Sometimes they are slanted and I know I've chained enough but could I be
missing the very last stitch of the row? I did not think so but wonder.....
or am I going too far into the row for the first stitch.

Cathy says:

You are describing my own experience to the letter! That is one reason why I
like granny square crocheting, no worries about slanted edges. I have tried
all the suggestions on the list, but continue to struggle. One time I really
thought I had the issue solved, only to find six rows later that I had not.
,<sigh>
The idea of placing a safety pin marker on the last stitch of each row has
been the thing that has worked most effectively for me. I place the pin in,
then turn, then chain then take out the pin and crochet exactly where I had
placed the pin. A bit tedious, but it seems to work and my hope is that one
day I won't need to do that.