[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pom-poms

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:47:07 UTC 2012

Hi Portia,

I have not tried to make a pom-pom, but here are some instructions I happen
to have.

Cut 2 doughnut-shape pieces out of cardboard, about 1 inch bigger than the
desired size of pompom.
Cut a small square out 1 of the sides to create a small opening.
Sandwich a piece of yarn in between the 2 cardboards, tie a temporary knot.
Grab working yarn and wrap it around the 2 pieces of cardboard. Start at the
left and move towards the right.
When the cardboard is completely full, find the temporary knot and hold on
to it. With scissors slip in between the 2 pieces of cardboards and begin
cutting around the circle. When you are finished cutting, tighten the knot
securely.
Trim pompom to desired size.

Cathy