[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pom-poms

jill jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 17:33:32 UTC 2012

Hi,
You are right,lol! ...don't wrap it around your head!  I just thought that
was so funny since we were talking about wrapping phones and cards, to
accidentally get it wrapped around the head...!  anyway, Joyce was
explaining this not so long ago.  She said to take a piece of square shaped
card board half the width of your desired pom pom.  Then take your yarn and
wrap it several times around the square.  Then she said to take a long piece
of yarn and slip underneath the wrapped yarn and the piece of card board. So
on one side of the card board, you will have the piece of yarn between the
card board and the first loop of yarn that you wrapped.    Then slide it to
the edge of the card board, bring the ends of the yarn together, so that you
now have your piece of yarn around the several layers of wrapped yarn.  Tie
into a knot.  Then go to the opposite edge of the  card board and slip your
scissors under the several wrapped strands and snip.  You will then need to
trim or shape the pom pom once it is released from the card board.
I hope this helps.  Maybe I haven't confused you more!

Jill