[Nfb-krafters-korner] [Bulk] Re: hemming jeans

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Tue Nov 20 20:01:09 UTC 2012

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply and give suggestions. I have a
plan now, and especially love the idea of using some that already fit to
measure from. It lets me leave out the assistant. :) It will be next week
before I am home to get on this, but I am looking forward to it.

A note on stitch witchery. It is great stuff and will hold up to many
washings. I have shortened some of my boys pants with it and then been able
to just pull it out after the next growth spurt. I have also used it to put
together curtains and costumes over the years. It comes in strips like tape
and you lay it down where you need it on the fabric before spraying it with
water and ironing it into place. You want to make sure the glue is inside
the fabric though so you do not smear it around with the iron. One big
advantage is not having to match up your thread color for a small project.

Jennifer