[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pom-poms

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 01:06:47 UTC 2012

I think a pom-pom is a ball with yarn ends on all sides and no openings
between ends.  A tassle generally has all the ends going the same direction
and is tied on at the other.  Remember the tassles you wore for graduation?

A lot of homemade pom-poms are not pulled tight enough and are not dense
enough.  The maker from Joanne's has you wrap yarn around two different arms
which you then force together before you cut the outside edges.  It then
holds the yarn in place while you wrap the end around the circle and pull it
super tight.  For good measure, I generally make this circle double.  It
sure looks better when I do it this way than when I use cardboard or plastic
and have to hold and cut without this little crutch.

Ramona