[Nfb-krafters-korner] straight line suggestion

jill jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 2 14:46:06 UTC 2012

Good idea
Jill

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Carol Osmar
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:04 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] straight line suggestion

I have been thinking about using a rubber band

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2012, at 7:58 AM, "Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E]"
<Terry.Powers at nih.gov> wrote:

> Try it if you want, but I kind of like the ribbon idea, if you think you
can not keep your pins straight, like me.  I think that is a lot safer.

> Terry

and use a quarter inch masking tape a lot.  It is used for  quilters.

> It was mentioned that more then one line messages were being thought of
and  that is why I suggested masking tape and use the top for the guide for
one line  and the bottom for the second line.  Of course you use the top of
the  masking tape to align the bottom of the Braille  on the top line and
use the bottom of the masking  to align the top of the second line of
Braille.tape

Terry.Powers at nih.gov writes:

> How do  you expect to get the tape off with out taking the silk thread
with  it?
> That is why I said, only do one line at a time.  There is to much
curveture to a ball.  It will look nicer on the wide part of the ball.
> Terry P

would  use masking tape and tape it on the ball  by measuring the same
distance down  from the top of the ball.  You  could use the top edge of the
tape for doing  one line of Braille and the  bottom edge for a guide to do
the next

> Nfb-krafters-korner mailing  list

> s%40nih.gov

> 40aol.com