[Nfb-krafters-korner] Test Builders Needed for Cardboard Model Car Kits.

nancy yeager nancyyeager542 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 3 18:14:58 UTC 2012

I would be happy to be a test builder.

Nancy Yeager

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of marcro52 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:34 PM
To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Test Builders Needed for Cardboard Model Car
Kits.

Hello Again,

I followed Terry Power's recommendation, and signed on for the nfb-cars
list.  Other than my recent post, there hadn't been any posts on that list
after November, 2011, at least according to the archives.  Nonetheless, I
announced my models and their descriptions.  I received one reply, from
David Hutchins.  He told me that a blind person can build a regular plastic
model kit, if the instructions are in Braille.  I am supposing that a
hobbyist would be able to scan the model's printed instructions, then print
them  out through a Braille converter.

So, I'm not sure there is much interest over there in what I'm doing.   Due
to my lack of knowledge of what the blind are capable of, I underestimated
your abilities and expectations.

I do, however, believe that from a papercrafting perspective, I have a good
product, and I am as much a papercrafter as I am a model builder.

Would any of you be interested in trying one of my kits, for free, in
exchange for writing a review of it for the list members?  I have five
models in the product line, so I need five volunteers.

If I eventually sell the models, I will take a loss on my labor, and price
them at $19, postage and handling extra.

Thank you all for your interest so far,
Mark Crowel