[Nfb-krafters-korner] {Disarmed} Fwd: Hadley eConnect, October 5, 2012

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Oct 5 17:41:25 UTC 2012

____________________________________
To: blindhands at aol.com
Sent: 10/5/2012  12:10:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Hadley eConnect, October 5,  2012

This newsletter is best viewed in  HTML format.

In this issue...

Reminder:  Seminars at Hadley Presents: _MasterChef Winner  Christine Ha: My
Delicious Experience_ (mip://0a3329e8/default.html#1)

Next Seminars at Hadley Presents: _Stress  Management_
(mip://0a3329e8/default.html#2)

_Braille  Music Reading Now Open for  Enrollment!_
(mip://0a3329e8/default.html#3)

Date: Tuesday, October 9,  2012

Time: 10:00 AM CDT, 15:00  GMT

We all watched with excitement as Christine Ha  competed on the FOX
television show MasterChef. Working  alongside sighted contestants, Christine
proved a formidable  challenger as well as an inspiration to all competing and
viewing.  Hear about Christine’s experience from audition to pressure tests in
 the MasterChef Kitchen, including how it felt to be judged by  chefs
Gordon Ramsay and Graham Elliot and restaurateur Joe Bastianich.  Will we hear a
behind-the-scenes secret or two from the 2012  MasterChef?

Join Seminars at Hadley as MasterChef’s Christine Ha (and  former Hadley
student) shares her experiences with moderator Dawn  Turco, Hadley’s senior vice
president, during this 60-minute seminar.  A question and answer session
will be included as part of the  seminar.

Space in this seminar is limited. Please only  register if you know you are
available to attend so that others are  not closed out. _To  register for
this seminar, follow this  link._
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://hadley.edu/Seminar
Details.asp?sid=161)

_Back to Top_ (mip://0a3329e8/default.html#top)

Seminars at Hadley  Presents:  Stress Management

 Date: Wednesday, October  17, 2012

Time: 2:00 PM CDT, 19:00  GMT

Feeling stressed? Stress is caused by changes,  both positive and negative,
in our daily lives, but there are proven  strategies you can use to
effectively manage the stress. Want to hear  more?

Join Seminars at Hadley as Sylvia Perez, an  experienced vision rehabilitation
and social work professional, shares  practical techniques for not only
reducing stress, but also maximizing  its positive effects.

Larry Muffett, a member of Hadley’s Seminars team,  will moderate this 60
-minute seminar. A question and answer session  will be included as part of
the seminar.
Space in this seminar is limited. Please only  register if you know you are
available to attend so that others are  not closed out. _To register for
this seminar, follow this  link._
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://www.hadley.edu/Semi
narDetails.asp?sid=162)

_Back to Top_ (mip://0a3329e8/default.html#top)

Braille Music Reading (MUS-101) Is  Now Open for Enrollment!
Learn the fundamentals of the braille music  code. For beginning musicians
as well as accomplished professionals,  being able to read music in braille
expands their ability to learn and  appreciate music independently. After
completing this course, students  will be able to read single-line music. _For
 more information or to enroll now, follow this  link._
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=h
ttp://www.hadley.edu/ShowCourseDetail.asp?courseid=MUS-101)

_Back to Top_ (mip://0a3329e8/default.html#top)

Mark Your Calendars! _For  a complete list of tentatively scheduled future
seminars, follow this  link_
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://hadley.edu/SeminarUpco
mings.asp#list) .

Did you receive this email  as a forward? _Follow  this link if you are not
already signed up to receive  eConnect._
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://hadley.ed
u/eNewsletter.asp)

Follow us  on: _
Facebook        _
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://www.facebook.com/thehadleyschool
fortheblind)  _
Twitter_
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://www.twitter.com/thehadleyschool)
_About  Hadley_
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://www.hadley.edu/AboutHadley.asp)
  _Enroll  Now_
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://www.hadley.edu/enroll)
_Donate  Online_
(http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=15857169&msgid=616107&act=HFCH&c=225701&destination=http://www.hadley.edu/donate.asp)

This  message was sent to blindhands at aol.com from:
The  Hadley School for the Blind | 700 Elm St. | Winnetka, IL 60093
Email  Marketing by  (http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186)     _Unsubscribe
 _
(http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=15857169&l=5693&s=HFCH&m=616107&c=225701) |  _Forward  To a Friend _
(http://app.icontact.com/icp/core/message/forward?m=616107&s=15857169&c=HFCH&cid=225701)