[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom question

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:10:32 UTC 2012

Portia, you asked - With the flat stitch, you place the working yarn above
the loop on the peg. Then lift the loop over the working and off the peg
right?

Yes, this is correct.
and then you asked - And, with the true stitch as you described, you are
basically, pulling the working yarn underneath the loop and pulling the
existing loop
 off the peg in order to form the new stitch?
When you have pulled your new loop up, and while holding onto it, you slip
the old loop off the peg and place the loop in your hand on that peg.

then you asked - Don't both stitches look the same after they are worked?
Basically yes they look the same, however, the flat knit will be a much
tighter stitch than the true knit stitch, so you want to be careful when
doing the flat knit and you may have to go back and loosen it up a bit as
you go.

Some pattern writers will state which knit stich they used and others won't,
it's really up to you which you like the best.

Hope that helps,
Barb