[Nfb-krafters-korner] Jiffy thick and thick yarn info

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:53:28 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Terry has asked me to post information about the Jiffy T and Q yarn, so I
have pasted it in below. I notice that a couple of these yarns are now 50%
off at Lionbrand.com at the present time. hope they aren't planning to
discontinue this yarn?  Just for the heck of it, I also looked to see if
they had any loom-knit patterns for this yarn, and the answer to that
question is no.

Sure wish Joann's had had some of the Rocky Mountains when I was there, that
one sounds so beautiful to me for a bright warm scarf or vest.

This yarn can also be found at knittingwarehouse.com for a good price, one
of my favorite online yarn shopping spots.

Anyhow, enjoy!

: JiffyR Thick & QuickR . JiffyR Thick & QuickR

Article # 430

A super quick, fun-to-use, mohair-look yarn. Exciting prints, perfect for
accessories, in a super bulky weight.

Weight Category: 6 -

Super Bulky Weight: Bulky, Roving Yarn

5.00 oz./140 g (84 yd/76 m)

100% Acrylic

Gauge:

Knit: 8 stitches x 10 rows = 4"x4" (10 cm x 10cm) on size 17 (12mm) needles.

Crochet: 6 sc and 6 rows = 4"x4" (10 cm x 10cm) on size P-15 (10mm) hook.

Product Care Instructions: Machine wash. Initial water temperature should
not exceed 40C or 105F. No bleach product may be used. A machine dryer may
be

regularly used at the hottest available temperature setting.

Available in 8 Colors

Green Mountains

Article: #430-207   UPC: 023032432076

Blues, medium greens shading to teal and soft purple.

Rocky Mountains

Article: #430-208   UPC: 023032432083

Rich tones of red, sunrise gold, orange, cerise and turquoise.

Catskills

Article: #430-209   UPC: 023032432090

Iron gray, olive, cerise, blues and a highlight of sunny yellow.

Ozarks

Article: #430-210   UPC: 023032432106

Red and burgundy, transitioning to gray and black.

Cascade Mountains

Article: #430-211   UPC: 023032432113

Lavender, lime, blue, dark fuchsia, high-lighted with orange.

Adirondacks

Article: #430-212   UPC: 023032432120

Earth-tones shading from tan to sienna with a splash of burgundy.

Smoky Mountains

Article: #430-213   UPC: 023032432137

Sophisticated grays, shaded with black and white.

Berkshires

Article: #430-214   UPC: 023032432144

Tan, burgundy, Prussian blue and olive.

The more I learn, the more I want to learn!

Cathy