[Nfb-krafters-korner] yahoo account: was Loomers

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 23:12:57 UTC 2012

Hi Joyce and Terry,

The problem I have had when attempting to create a yahoo account is that
they have a picture showing numbers. There is a listen button, but unless
your flash player is completely up to date, you can not access the verbal
file of the numbers. When you do access that file it is rather garbled. This
is on purpose so spammers don't create accounts. But it also makes it
difficult for folks who must listen, to distinguish the numbers clearly. But
it is doable. However there is another option. If you want a yahoo account
you can call a customer service number and they will supposedly set it up
for you. since I already have an account, I don't get the link to access the
phone number. so you will have to go to yahoo.com and try to find the sign
up for an account link and then the help link.

There is another way, where you do not need an account, and I don't know if
it works for all yahoogroups, but I have joined a couple of groups by
emailing subscribe at name of group at yahoogroups.com.

For example you could try emailing

Subscribe-Knifty_Knitter_Loom_Knitting_Group at yahoogroups.com

Be sure to copy this link, it has underlines in it that must be included.
Nothing needs to go in the subject line or body.
To join the loom class try:

Subscribe-LoomClass at yahoogroups.com

When you subscribe to these groups without an account, you receive the
emails, but not the online files, pictures and other features.

Cathy