[Nfb-krafters-korner] comments on I phones and note takers

Terrence van Ettinger terrencevane at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:26:25 UTC 2012

Hi Jean,
	The iPhone has a notes app, which, true, does need to be opened in
order to write something down, but when you get the hang of it, it
only takes a moment to load. I can start a new note in less than 10
seconds. But think of a sighted person using the same device. They
probably take nearly the same time. Yes the iPhone *does* take a few
seconds more than just turning on the notetaker, but it isn't
exceptionally longer, and as you've basically said--it's a heck of a
lot cheaper than trying to buy a whole notetaker. They have displays
now as low as 1600. Pair that with an iPhone at about $200-$300 if
you buy with a new contract or an upgrade, perhaps 400-$600 if you
buy it retail, and it still outdoes the notetakers for price hands down.

Terrence