[Nfb-krafters-korner] Yarn Shopping, Aubergine

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon Sep 10 18:43:57 UTC 2012

Aubergine is a FRENCH word, and it means EGGPLANT. so yes, you can imagine
the skin of a nice ripe eggplant and you will have the color - and Eggplant
is my favorite food, so I like it all around, color and taste.

When my  artist friend, June,  got married, she was dressed in Aubergine. It
was amazing, and so perfect for her. From that day forward, it has always
been a color that I just love - I can always see June when I say the word.
She passed away a few years ago, but this color  brings her back to my mind
on her special wedding day.

Color does that for us - it brings us back to memories locked deeply within
us, even when we can no longer see them with our eyes.  Color holds memories
and meaning in the works of our hands as we choose it for our projects, too.
It is far more than just what the eye sees, or does not see, it is a
spiritual matter as well.

Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976
Village of Wurtemburg, PA 16117