[Nfb-krafters-korner] list discussion:

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 17:52:16 UTC 2012

I have had some good suggestions for handling the list.  I would like  to
pass on these suggestions.I can not stress enough that subject lines can help
 folks determine if they want to read the email or not.  It is up to you to
 be responsible for what to put in your subject line, when to change your
subject  line and to add an extra comment, word or whatever to your subject
line.   Think before you hit the send button or control enter keys.

1. Off topic [OT] Is excellent and easy to put in subject line so folks can
 determine if they want to read it or not.  I have been told you can also
set your email program to sepparate and/or delete certain words found in the
 email subject line.  So if you don't want to read OT it will be
automatically deleted.  It is up to the writer of the email to put this in  the
subject line.
2. If you are sending an answer or comment to an individual and do not know
 how to find just that person's email address.[We will have a chat teaching
folks  to do that after the first of the year], then I suggest you go to
the subject  line and add the person's name in the subject line.
3. Do not switch topic in a reply email.  It is really easy to hit  reply,
but if you decide to change the topic or ask a totally different  question,
please, please start a new email and put your own subject in it.

4. For the me too's and stuff like that: It is important when we are asking
 if there is interest in a Monday Night Chat or new class or new class
idea.  This is definitely important to help determine if a class or chat
should be planned.  For likes or dislikes it is not really important to  members
to know.

5. Thank you's, There is not enough Thank You's  here for our  teachers.
All they get from their students and the division is your Thank  You for
doing the work for preparing and teaching a class.

I have been on lists that send emails to the individual automatically as
the default and you have to do more to send it to the list. I personally
hated  that and do not want an option like that here.

Be considerate of the above and think before you hit that send key as only
you can help control the emails on this list.