[Nfb-krafters-korner] the AKB all-in-one knitting board

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 21:46:33 UTC 2012

Hi loomers,

I am so excited! My loom came in the mail this afternoon. it is beautiful,
and so versatile. Before I actually received it, I asked some one on another
list to describe it to me. here was her reply, which was so good, I am
quoting it here. if you want a new loom, this is one worth looking into.

Cathy

Jeannette says:

"Now, the details of the All-N-One. You will see that it is nicely made of a
wonderful wood. Then the pegs are nylon smaller pegs with a bump at the top
and a nice groove on the outside to be able to use your tool in the channel
to be able to lift off the stitches.

The All-N-One is a combination that can be changed a bit. It has two long
rails. Each with 48 pegs on them. Then comes the fun part. There are two
long bolts that can be attached to either put a spacer in or two ends with
more pegs. The spacers have three settings. You can have the two rails
close, medium or far apart to be able to do the double knitting on this loom
just like the long KK looms but a nicer fabric with one strand of yarn. The
gauge is suited better on this loom. You will be limited to 48 pegs long on
this configuration for the double knitting you now know.

Then, you can remove the bolts and block spacers and replace them with the
two pegged ends. Each one has 6 pegs more. This turns the loom into a big
rectangle. These end rails can be moved along the inside of the loom to make
the loom short to long and be able to knit as a rake. It will give you a
total of 108 stitches. Worsted Weight yarn (one strand) gauge similar to a 7
or 8 knitting needle.

Rake knitting is either using an e-wrap or a flat knit stitch. You can not
see well but there are tons of videos to look at. Maybe a sighted friend or
spouse or someone could watch while you listen and help you do these
stitches and understand them. Isela Phelps, Kristen at Goodknitkisses,
Mickey at crochet crowd and many others have great instructional videos on
You Tube. They verbally explain them but someone watching could guide your
hand too.

E-wrap is just going around a peg in the shape of a cursive small 'e'.

As a rake knitter this loom can make a small sock up to a Christmas stocking
by moving the end pieces. Also, when doing many projects you need to
decrease or increase to get the pattern correct. These 'rails' can move in
and out and accomplish this much easier. Many patterns, even a nice smooth
hat can be done nicely on this loom.

I'll stop here since I probably already confused you a bit. I am one to go
to far on explanations. I can answer more directly if you like and so can
many others.

Jeannette"

jpirkle at cableone.net