[Nfb-krafters-korner] Machine Knitting

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:42:39 UTC 2013

There are at least two people on the list, and I think they are both totally
blind, that use a knitting machine. If you need to do plain stockinette on
large sections in one color, then a machine is good for that. I however, saw
a video about various COLOR changing techniques and it seemed very tedious
as a sighted person, and from her explanations, I didn't think it would be
worth the trouble as a blind person. Changing color on needles seemed far
easier than having long lengths of yarn that you had manage to not tangle in
the machine, counting to know what stitches to pull for that color, and then
changing to your next color. Of course, this is just my opinion. It is NOT
that a blind person could NOT do it, it is that it would be easier to do on
needles.

Cindy