[Nfb-krafters-korner] new needles report

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Apr 5 17:29:51 UTC 2013

I just received my new

Clover Takumi Bamboo Premium 9" Circular Knitting  Needles

I really need to tell you folks a little about these  needles.  I have not
used them yet, so I cannot comment on that, but first  impressions.

9 inche needles are a small circle when knitting.  I  have a few pairs of
the Hia hia  9 inch metal needles and they take some  getting use to.

First impression of the Clover  Takumi   needles:  They have a short area
of the thick part [width of needle] to  hold onto.  They have long pointed
tips and they are really smooth  bamboo.

I find the Hia Hia metal tips to be slippery.

These needles are suppose to be good for knitting wrist  bands, socks and
mittens.

I will have to report back on how well I like working with  them.

I do have a 12" circular needle and I have ordered a new  one of those
[different type/brand] then my original one and I will report on  that.  I use
my 12" size 8 which has a plastic needle tip making mittens  and love them.