[Nfb-krafters-korner] knotting cord help

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Aug 1 07:36:15 UTC 2013

Wowe now you are asking a lot of questions and some I have answers for and
some I don't have a clue.  Hemp in 10 pound, 20 pound, 30 pound & 40
pound???  I only have heard of fish line that way.  As with fish line  I would
guess that has to do with weight of hemp, but you might find different  terms
on different websites.  So you might have to do some homework and  call
these places up.

Now silk cord might not be a good choice and maybe only some testing would
give you a better idea.  When you do these knotted things it is important
that your knots stay secure and not loosen up while you are making it.
This might be what will happen  with silk.  Not sure, but testing  might help.

Thin leather cord I have worked with and is great for knotting.  I  would
call your sites up and ask them to give you some idea as in inches or part
of an inch what the 1 mm, 3 mm, etc. is or is it cc?

It seems like since you can't get supplies locally and go to a store and
touch and feel them, you will need to call some of the places up and pick
their  brains.  Then purchase some and do your own comparison.

I will be back at Girl Scout Camp next week and ask around and check if
there is any supplies with labels on it for information.  This is tough as  it
is only a 1 week camp and all the supplies that they had for the 6 week
camp  are either all used up or packed away until next year.  There is a
separate  budget for this 1 week and until I get there on Monday I don't have any
idea  what they will have.

I have gotten my things up at AC Moore and had the opportunity to feel
them.

You know all those questions you just asked, well you know when you give
the class there will be folks asking you those questions.

I will see if I can do some digging on Friday.

In a message dated 7/31/2013 7:19:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,