[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: County Fair

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Aug 12 19:22:33 UTC 2013

Congratulations, cindy!!!

Terry P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zimmer, Cindy [mailto:cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 2:35 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] County Fair

It went good.  Thanks for asking!  I received a 2nd on my caramels, first place on my dried apples and dried bananas.  My dried apples also received a Grand Champion for the best overall entry in the dried foods category.  My Crochet Santa got a 2nd place ribbon and my crochet snowflake (tree decoration) got a first place.  My clouds did not place which I was very disappointed about.  They are so cute.  There are three clouds.  One is white with eyes, cheeks and mouth on it.  The eyes and mouth is done with black embroidery thread and the cheeks are done with make-up.  The second cloud is similar to the first, but his eyes are black buttons.  He has three blue teardrops (rain) hanging down from him.  The third one is a dark gray cloud with black button eyes and a black embroidery mouth.  He has a bright yellow/gold bolt of lightning handing down from him.  I entered it in the Crocheted Article Not Listed category.  The items that won in this category were the scarfs made out of the new yarn.

My clients also did a nice job on their entries.  Three got red ribbons and one got 2 white ribbons!

Cindy Z.