[Nfb-krafters-korner] shopping at Joann's

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 00:17:44 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Today I had a wonderful morning shopping at Joann's with my crafty friend.

I purchased some scissors, they were 5 inch scissors made with titanium and
are very light weight. When I was looking at the more expensive scissors my
friend said to me that I should not buy those kind if I might use them on
things other than fabric because it would ruin them.  because I must admit
that I usually grab whatever is at hand, I could not promise her that I
would always do that. So$8 scissors, but they will be an improvement over my
paper scissors!

Then I bought yarn for that new shawl I was telling you about. I chose
Deborah Norvill serenity chunky which is a 5-ply and very soft. It is
acrylic and the color description from Sarah says:

Stormy: stripes of dark blue, dark gray, medium blue, and medium green with
flecks of white.

Then I couldn't resist the beads. Oh what fun I had looking at beads! I had
no idea how many pony bead sized beads there were in the world! Some were in
the children's' section, but there were tons more in the funky bead aisle as
well. It was so much fun touching all the fascinating shapes and textures.
But I didn't go absolutely crazy and only purchased a set of those wooden
beads for my hemp bracelets, and two  sets of 9 count beads that came in a
variety of shapes. I don't remember what the beads are made of, perhaps
glass, but each of the 9 is different in color, pattern, shape, and texture
and with two packages I can have the units and tens columns match for my
stitch counter bracelet.

Then I purchased some rattail cord and buckles for more bracelets.

I didn't max out my credit card and have some fun things to play with now.

Cathy