[Nfb-krafters-korner] Slipping the first stitch - WAS: knitting

Denise Shaible denise.shaible at att.net
Sat Aug 24 03:48:14 UTC 2013

Annette,

Thanks so much.  I wanted to know how to do such a stitch because I'm
currently knitting a scarf in a broken rib pattern and it calls for a slip
stitch at the beginning of the row but, I haven't been doing it because I
didn't really know how to do it.  I've see n patterns which say that the
slipped stitch makes a smooth border.  I'm going to try it.  I'll let you
know how it turns out.  Wow, you really do lots of research.

Regards,

Denise