[Nfb-krafters-korner] an idea!!!!

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 15:46:13 UTC 2013

OK sending out an email to our new friend on the list, the light bulb
suddenly went on.

So I am letting everyone know right now about this class I will be teaching
 in October.  So you can get your supplies and you have a choice with how
you want to do this.  The class will begin on October 10 and be for 2  weeks.

We will be making a I want to call it " Country Wreath".  Here is a  little
twist for all of you.  It can be made for Halloween or the Fall  [Great
Thanksgiving gift].  You will need 8 or 10 inch  Brass or metal  ring[like what
we used for the Christmas candy wreath], might as well get a few  of them
so we can sit around and do another class on making the candy  wreath.  Do
not get any larger ring then above.

OK back on topic...

You will need [this will make more then one wreath] 5 or 6  different
prints of Halloween or Fall fabrics half a yard each.and 3/8 yard of a
coordinating color fabric to make a bow.

Now here is where you need to plan ahead...  The printed fabric only  not
the bow fabric] needs to be cut into 2 1/2 inch strips.  Here are your
choices:
1. You can cut these yourself .  There are tools you can purchase to  do
this which can range from a pair of sharp scissors to rotary cutter, cutting
board and guide tool [approx. $70 or more], Accuquilt plus die [approx  $275]
2. You can purchase the 2 1/2 inch strips from Keepsake Quilting.   They
have theme packs.
3. You can purchase the fabric from your local places as places that carry
fabric [Joann's, WalMart, local quilt shops] and send your fabric with a
self  addressed stamped envelope inside to me.  I will cut your strips and I
will  keep 1 strip from each of your fabrics for myself for cutting your
strips and  mail it back to you.  From 1/2 yard piece of fabric you should get
at least  6 strips maybe 7 strips from 1/2 yards  Please include your bow
fabric if  you decide to send it to me.  It is always good to put a small
amouhnt of  the bow fabric in the wreath to coordinate it.

I may consider making up kits if you all really want me to.

We will be creating a rag,  I don't like calling it "Rag" wreath, as  we
are using new, crisp, nicely cut fabric and going to tie them to the  ring.
You will need a pair of scissors[sharp enough to cut fabric] as you  will be
cutting the strips to make the proper lengths.

For those of you who might poke around on the internet for directions on
this, be ware the size strips they recommend are not long enough to tie and
look  good.  I learned the hard way.