[Nfb-krafters-korner] Turnabout craft for Jill

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Mon Dec 2 22:15:17 UTC 2013

What a interesting story Terry.  I'd never heard of a funeral home doing
something like that.  Very thoughtful.

I haven't done handprints since I was little either.  I remember making a
turkey out of construction paper .  We traced our hand then cut it out.  An
eye was drawn on the thumb and a beak, gobbler were glued on made of
construction paper or felt.  Feathers where glued to the  spots where the
fingers were.  Voilà!  One turkey for anyone's table, fridge or placemat and
tactile too.  The '70's were a grand time; we made them in the regular
public school class!  This was before those glue sticks so we probably used
rubber cement.  Ah, gotta love the smell and it's so fun to peel off the
hands!  If it moisturized I'd buy some right now.

Kids are still doing that.  My nephew just made one in 1st grade.

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short