[Nfb-krafters-korner] modifying a baby blanket patern

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Mon Dec 9 00:33:42 UTC 2013

Hi all

I have been looking for solid colored blanket/afghan crochet patterns. The
best one I've found was a baby blanket. It gives instructions for modifying
it for the childs size. I have been debating how to change this blanket so
it could be a regular size. It looks like either the length of the blanket
is made in the foundation chain, and the rest of the patern focuses on the
other measurement. I am thinking that I could make the blanket either with
an extremely long foundation chain and then making the width from there, or
using the foundation chain as recommended by the pattern and making a lot
more rows. Is it up to me, or is there a reccomended way to handle this? I
am using the crochet.about.com baby blanket, if that helps any.

Thanks