[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: survey for students

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 23:30:54 UTC 2013

My answers are below. Some of them have added info because I couldn't
help myself.

1.  What type of class interests you the most?
 a. telephone
 b. email
LM: A & B, (they both have their values and I can't honestly decide on
which I prefer. A is great so I can chat with fellow crafters. But, B
is most convenient to me, personally, because I can't attend many 8 pm
classes.)

 2. Could you attend a telephone class?
 a. yes
 b. no
LM: A, about 50/50 percent of the time

 Out of country folks:

 Please use Eastern daylight savings time.
 3.  What times would you be willing to participate in a class [that  runs 1
 hour]?  Can you please include what time it is in your area,  too?
LM: I would vote for 9:30 pm eastern, (6:30 pacific) from Monday until
Friday; or perhaps any time after 6 pm eastern on Saturday or Sunday

 4.  If a class was offfered both telephone and email, but not at the  same
 time, how much time lapse between these 2 types of classes would you think
 is good?
 a. a month
 b. 2 months
 c. 3 months
 4. 6 months
LM: A

 5. A repeat of a class  is always a consideration at Krafters  Korner.
 This is totally up to our members and their interest.  It  takes only one of
 you to ask for a repeat and chat it up on the list.

 What timeing would be good before a repeat class?
 a. 1 year
 b. less then 2 years
 c. more then 2 years
LM: A

 6.  for a repeat class:

 Would you prefer a repeat of the exact same class?
 a. yes
 b. no
LM: Neither A or B, I think it depends

 Would you prefer a repeat of information with a different project to work
 on?
 a. yes
 b. No
LM: A

 Would you likely take a repeat class that you already had taken if it had a
  different project, but taught the same thing as the first class?
 a. yes
 b. no
LM: A

 7. Do you think our list is too busy?

 a. yes
 b. no
 c. good for all the information that is exchanged
LM: I think A and C (but I don't seem to mind especially if people
keep the subject lines true)

 8.  How do you think the Krafters Korner can get new members to
 participate and join?
LM: Outreach performed in many different ways. Read my extensive list
at the end of the survey.

 9.  How did you learn about Krafters Korner?
LM: word of mouth

 10 What can each member [YOU] do to get new members? Please details would
 be helpful.
LM: do some of things I suggested about getting the word out.

My expanded ideas:
* I think flyers are good for conventions--not necessarily national
convention though. I think having an informational flyer to give to
people at our tables is a good thing, but it gets lost with all the
other papers people bring home from national.

* I think flyers at state conventions are good.

* I think having a KK rep ask to be on the agenda for state convention
is a great way to promo the division. And perhaps, teach a class.

* I think partnering with other divisions at national is a great way
to introduce the division to say, parents of blind children, the
educators division, maybe the student division. If I could figure out
a way to pair crafts and sports, I would offer a cosponsorship of KK
and sports and rec.

* Step up the craft show. I think the craft show is great, but it
needs to be glammerized, sexy, totally over-the-top awesome for many
different audiences. Why should a 25 year old come and check out our
crafts? Or a 55 year old for that matter? What if we held the show
with the tables all around the perimeter, like in Orlando, but in the
middle have a mingling space where people can gather, chat and sip on
wine while shopping, browsing and admiring. Make it more like a
gallery showing.

Do we charge? I can't recall. If we do, and we serve wine and
nibblies, bump up the entrance fee to $20. Everyone has a $20 bill.

* I like the YouTube channel idea. I think it will really fly online.

* I think publishing a small book is a great way to get our name out there too.

* Get ourselves on the national agenda somehow.

* Basically, be in people's faces all the time.