[Nfb-krafters-korner] Welcome to everyone

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 05:47:58 UTC 2013

Hi Amy,

A warm welcome to you!

Mostly how we do things around here is to offer classes to one another on
how to do many different crafts. The best way to learn about various crafts
is to check out the class offerings on our website,  pick out something you
are interested in learning more about, then just jump right in and sign up
to take the class. that is the way most of us have learned.

I know that is true for myself. I began by taking some classes in anything
that came along because I wanted to find out more about it. I said what the
heck is safety pin beading, so I took a class in that to find out what all
the chatter on the list was about . I asked myself, what is loom knitting,
so I took a class in that too. I learn to needle knit years ago but forgot
how to do that, so I took a class. It wasn't long before I began teaching
classes myself in various crafts, mostly things I taught myself from online
sources.  We have a number of newbees around here, so don't be shy. If a
class you are interested in says beginner, that is exactly what it means.
<smile>

Meanwhile www.about.com has lots of great info on how to knit and crochet
and there are also many other online resources and great books around on
those subjects. If you have specific questions on any craft, please ask and
someone will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Why not buy a set of round looms and join the beginner loom knitting classes
coming up in January and February? It is an easy and fun craft and you can
make so many things with a loom.

Cathy F