[Nfb-krafters-korner] casting on

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Thu Dec 26 02:41:00 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I was hoping some of the knitters could help me. I have picked up some
knitting needles, yarn, and some reference books and am attempting to teach
myself to knit. I have some experience but haven't done it in over 2 years.

I am having trouble with casting on. The books I am using have a method
about using your left thumb and the tail to make stitches, and the other
method is using two needles to cast on. I remember before doing something
with my right hand and the working yarn, and really liked this method
although not exactly sure how to do it. I am having trouble finding some
directions and a method that I feel I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a very merry Christmas.