[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 02:23:17 UTC 2013

Hi Deb,

In the beginner knitting class I took with Annette she explained that there
are two ways of knitting the American and European style. Don't know which
one you use but if you tried the other perhaps it would be easier for you.

The American style is where you use your right hand to throw the yarn over
when knitting while the European style has you always holding your working
yarn threaded through the  fingers of your left hand, and you use a couple
of those fingers to yarn over. I use the American method, and tried to learn
the European method because Annette said that it was faster. But I never
quite got the hang of it. I began dropping stitches. What method do you use
now.

Cathy F