[Nfb-krafters-korner] Facebook

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Tue Dec 31 03:37:03 UTC 2013

Hi Terry,
You can access facebook in a few different ways.
You could try setting up an account on the normal facebook site

www.facebook.com

But I find this site to be rather encumbersome with jaws.
However, the mobile site

m.facebook.com

Has a lot of the stuff that the regular site does removed, but you can still
do your regular facebook needs. I really like this site and use it about 99%
of the time when I use facebook. Its essentially a simpler version of the
regular site.
If you have an iPad or iPhone, there is a facebook app for those as well. I
have not tested out the apps in depth in terms of accessibility, but use it
for getting notifications that would appear before my news feed.

I have also heard that GW Micro has a softwear called GW socialize for about
$39 per year I believe. However, I have not used this software, but it
sounds pretty good from what I've heard. You shouldn't probably need that
software, but it all boils down to personal preference.