[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting and Ripping

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 2 20:04:41 UTC 2013

I forgot to mention onother way I do the knitting pattern. If it is not too
complex, I will put the pattern on my MILESTONE, which is a digital
recording device, like a little computer of sorts. I put one step at a time
on it, one step per file, in the folder I use for knitting patterns. This
way, I can take my Milestone with me anywhere, and I can listen to one step
at a time, as I knit it. This is how I do a lot of things - using my
Milestone.

And, the other way is to put my pattern on my computer. I put only one
pattern per file, and keep in my knitting folder. I can bring it up on the
computer screen, and either listen to it with JAWS, or enlarge it a lot with
white text on black background, and knit as I read it, right there at the
computer. I don't do this much, as I like to listen to books as I knit - or
listen to a TV program -

I have also use the stone method , too. And, that works really good as long
as my cats do not jump up onto my stones - I only do this method for a 4
row, or less, pattern. I am a bit of a scatterbrain, and I would lose track
very easily if anything would disturb me or capture my attention. Yes, it is
whatever works for us - the binder and pages work best for me usually.  I am
still really re-learning how to knit again - but I can now feel the stitches
much better so I am getting better at it - it just takes patience and lots
of practice and ripping out - but it is all so worth it in the end when we
can put on something beautiful to wear and be able to say" Yes, I knit
this!"
Lynda

Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976