[Nfb-krafters-korner] NeedleSize for Double Basketweave

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Feb 7 16:38:19 UTC 2013

Figuring this out was a very big step forward for me. I have been slowly
working out how I can do more complicated knitting once again - five years
now since sight loss.

Here is what works for me:
I can see very large black markers on white paper because I have some
peripheral vision. Others, will do it differently than I do - but this works
for me.

I need one full sheet of paper for each line of the pattern.
I write one line of directions on each sheet. The sheets are of card stock,
so they hold up with use, and 3 hold punched.

I put all my sheets into a binder.
When I am knitting, I just see one sheet and I knit that pattern as it is on
the sheet.  Then, I put a black mark on another sheet of paper.  For each
row I complete, I make one tick mark on that separate sheet of paper.
I do it in groups of FIVE.

After each sheet is knitted, then I turn the page and do the next row.

This is very organized and I need to have everything very organized or I go
crazy with distractions and lose my place.

This is how I do it.

Lynda

Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976