[Nfb-krafters-korner] latch hook class, is there any interest?

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:23:09 UTC 2013

hi all,

as some of you may remember one of the projects I am working on now is a latch hook butterfly. it is going well by the way. the reason I mention this is because while I was working on it yesterday, it occurred to me that those of you who never finished your latch hook project from my class last year might want to do so now. also perhaps there are some new people on this list who might want to learn to latch hook.

so I am offering to teach a class in latch hook again. this time, I believe I will offer it over the telephone.

what i would like to know is:

who would like to finish the flower pup?
for those of you who weren't on the list at the time, the kit we made was called flower pup and is  a canvas of a golden retriever puppy lying in green grass with pink flowers in the grass and a blue sky above.
this was a medium sized canvas say 24 by 32 inches, if I remember correctly.

would anyone like to make a small latch hook project, say twelve inches square?

there are many options for us to consider. I am open to suggestions.
there are many latch hook kits out there, some easy, some difficult. some are huge , others small,  some are  realistic and some are cartoon-like.

so folks, what is your pleasure?
please be as specific as you can. what do you want to create on your canvas; an animal, a nature scene, a geometric pattern, etc.
what size canvas, small, medium or large.
if you want to get some ideas, put "latch hook kit" into google and you will find sites that sell the kits. unfortunately, these sites do not describe the kits. however, I have descriptions of some of the kits we considered last year and I could get more.

oh yes, I should add, that sighted assistance will be needed to sort your yarn for the kit, so keep that in mind.

Cathy