[Nfb-krafters-korner] Finished the simple shrug

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Wed Feb 27 02:35:58 UTC 2013

Hi LM,

I finished the crochetted simple shrug!  The four skeins of lion bran
homespun is enough to finish the project with no problem.  Be sure and save
enough yarn to do the sewing together.

It was still hard for me to picture exactly what this was suppose to look
like until I was completely done and actually put it on.  It looks like a
blousy sweater vest that drops down to about the small of my back, then
gathers up to just below your breast line and comes to a soft drapy point.
The rest of the neck line I loosely folded down to form a folded collar
which then comes down and meets the draping point.  I made my arm holes 8
inches instead of the 7 inches and if you really wanted to get a bit fancy
and slightly more fitted, you could come back with your yarn and crochet a
short, loose type of capped sleeve.  Something definitely worth playing
around with.  It took me a bit to get use to that size of needle, but once I
got started, I was done in about two weeks or less.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net