[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tidbits from Barb and Anniversary Drawing

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:45:33 UTC 2013

Hello All, just thought I'd pop in for a bit and let you know what I'm up to.
Right now I have a couple of projects going, one is loom knitting some Easter Eggs, they are so cute!! I'm basically creating a little bag, pouch whatever you want to call it and inserting those little plastic eggs you can get at the store in a bag of a dozen for less than a dollar.

My other project: I broke down and got a 1/2" CinDwood universal S loom, the pegs are much like the pegs of the kk loom except the grooves are slightly thinner and the tops of the pegs are more like a pony bead without the center hole. The pegs are definitely closer together but so far I'm not having any problem wrapping and knitting off. I am not currently using the whole loom, just a few pegs while learning to use it and get comfortable with it, am using it as a double rake doing the figure 8 stitch, making a scarf and I like the way it is coming out. To me there is not a real noticeable differences between it and the kk looms, however I have not done a single knit project on it yet. I'll keep you updated as I use it more and try other projects and stitches.

I have sent in a class proposal and been given a date in March to teach a class on making hair scrunchies with ruffle yarn, using a crochet hook, no crochet experience needed, so be on the look out for it to be posted and get your ruffle yarn ready if your interested in taking the class. Cindy, I know you were interested in this.

Also, I know who the winner of the Jan. Anniversary drawing is.....hehe
drum roll please...And the winner is.....ME!! and the prize is some Lion Brand yarn!

And speaking of the Anniversary drawing, we have ONE MORE DAY to submit our entries for the Feb. drawing and the prize is a $10.00 gift certificate to FusionBeads.com, so if you've not submitted your entries, get on over there and get your name in the pot!!

Ok, it's back to the loom for me, have a wonderful day,
Barb