[Nfb-krafters-korner] Friday Night Chat

jill jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 03:43:20 UTC 2013

I can try to explain the pattern.  Wrap your anchor peg, go between peg 1
and 12 cross loom to between pegs 6 and 7 wrap peg 6 and return between 5
and 6 across loom to peg 12 wrap between 12 and 1 and return between 12 and
11 then cross over to peg 5, you basically repeat this until you have
wrapped all pegs.  You are going from one peg directly across to the
opposite side and moving one up.  she said to do this 3 times for the
fullness of the flower.  Thencut this yarn with a small tail about 4 inches
and secure it to the anchor peg.  Then take a long piece of yarn, she
recommended a 5 ft piece, she said then you have extra if you have somehow
made a mistake and need to re wrap a petal.  I found it to be really long.
Someone in the group said they used a 1 1/2 ft piece of yarn and it was
plenty.  Anyway tie this this yarn to the anchor peg as well.  Thread
tapestry needle onto the other end.  You will begin by coming up from
underneath the loom between the pegs 1 and 12 and then down between pegs 6
and 7.  you will cross in this pattern like you did when wrapping.  You only
need to do this one time around the loom.  Then you will come up through the
petal on peg1 and pull across and down into the petal on peg 7.  this is
also like before in that you work around the loom.  Once you have secured
all petals, you will need to end by going down through petal 1.  untie all
yarn from anchor peg.  Pull all loose yarn together underneath the middle
section of the flower and tie together very close to the petals.  Then knit
off or remove petals from pegs.  I hope this made sense.

Jill