[Nfb-krafters-korner] try, try, and try again

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 00:14:12 UTC 2013

Oh, please don't worry. I was where you are a while ago. So disgusted because I couldn't get past the mistakes. I am no master knitter now but I can make slippers, scarves, hats, and this week I have been making tons of winter headbands. this is a great way to begin. Cast on ten stitches with a rather large needle. Use a nice thick yearn and knit until you have about nineteen inches. Bind off and sew the ends together.

Now, I know you are laughing at me. I can't get past the first few rows. Well, thank God it is easy to tink, that is backwards for the word knit,. I sure have started over and over tons of times. I just now learned to pick up a dropped stitch. The only way to get to be able to knit is to do it and do it again. One day you will find yourself relaxed and knitting right along. The stitches will be looser and you will be smiling. Of course, that is until you find that hole a few inches down and have to start again. lol But it will all come. Just don't quit until you have it figured out. lol
Henrietta