[Nfb-krafters-korner] poncho class

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 04:49:05 UTC 2013

Henry wrote:
How is everybody doing?
Cathy Replies,

Nearly finished with the poncho. Ha ha, a slight exaggeration here!
Its almost long enough to wrap a newborn baby in however. <smile>

Note to you loomers, I am using the JiffyR Thick & Quick yarn for this
project. I am very disappointed to find that with every skein I rolled up
into a ball (I rolled up four skeins) each one had at least one place where
the yarn was knotted together to continue the skein. I have no idea if the
color continued in the proper variegation so I unknotted each knot. I don't
like knots in my knitting particularly with super bulky yarn where it shows
up. so now I have  a couple large balls, , one or two medium sized balls,
and about five small balls of yarn. Lucky I know how to change skeins, the
most difficult part is getting some one to look at the yarn so I can match
up the variegation pattern to continue in order.

So my advice, don't purchase this yarn. It could be that I got a bad batch,
but four skeins, I don't think so. one may have even been from a different
dye lot.

So we live and learn.

Cathy