[Nfb-krafters-korner] knit picks circular needles

slerythema slerythema at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:25:14 UTC 2013

Deidre,

If the yarn is catching on a knit picks cable, it needs to be replaced.
Catching on KP cables only happens if the cable is separating from its metal
connector. If it is catching between where the needle screws on, you do not
have needle screwed in tightly. The quality of the KP needles and cables
mean that you do not have the problems that you experience with other
brands. I had a separation of the cable from the metal on a brand new cable
and KP replaced it immediately.

I will say that if you use the new extenders to allow you to connect two
cables together to create a longer cable, it does not glide as smoothly as a
one piece cable because the extender creates a "straight" section. The yarn
does not hang but you have to make more of an effort to hold that part
straight so you move the yarn across the bridge. It is similar to having to
"move" your stitches up the needle as opposed to them moving freely on their
own.

Cindy S.

rg/deimucc%40v
erizon.net