[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pattern help: Cozy Slippers

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 22:29:03 UTC 2013

Can you tell me what you are asking here?
Can someone explain ths as well where I need to PU for the instep?

What I read in the pattern is that you are knitting back and forth on 12
stitches which are placed on 1 needle.
"With WS facing, work K1, P1 Rib across 6 sts of first needle and 6 sts  of
2nd needle using 1 needle."
this will make a square or rectangle shape coming out of the sock.   Now
you work  as it says,
With RS facing and first needle, k 6, then pick up and knit 6 sts along
side
of heel flap; with 2nd and 3rd needles, k 12 instep sts; with 4th  needle,
pick up and knit 6 sts along other side of heel flap, then k 3 from  first
needle - 9 sts on each of needles 1 and 4, 6 sts on each of needles 2  and
3.

It says at the beginning "With RS facing and first needle, k 6, then pick
up and knit 6 sts along side
of heel flap"  You are picking up 6  stitches on the edge of the rectangle
of the side you just created.

Now to find out length of foot measure from heel to where your toes are
attached to your foot.  or since you are going from cuff to toes, be sure  you
put rubber bands on all your needles securely and you can slip the sock on
for fit.  Be sure you secure the ends on all your needles as you don'twant
any of the stitches coming off your needles.

As far as grafting  the toe to finish off, do not do a 3 needle bind  off.
It will make a ridge and feel uncomfortable.  Follow the  directions, but I
will say it is not easy doing this.

In a message dated 1/19/2013 4:50:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,