[Nfb-krafters-korner] beginner knitting, progress and a stitch pattern

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 03:29:56 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to thank Annette once again for teaching me how to knit. I have
completed a dishcloth today and have it blocked and drying right now. I
learned the European style of knitting, to cast-on, knit, purl, and bind
off. I created my own pattern of knit and purl stitches for my dishcloth and
think it turned out just fine, if I say so myself! Now, I am on the look out
for other easy dishcloth patterns, but I actually don't have to look further
than my imagination as Annette reminded us. I can try any of a multitude of
stitch combinations to make interesting cloth textures. How about some one
host a knit along now that me and some of the others in my class know how to
needle knit? Pretty please!

Pasted in below is what is referred to as the box stitch, which I believe I
will use to make my next dishcloth.

So thanks to Annette I am on my way!

Cathy

Box stitch wash cloth

The  knitted box stitch

list of 2 items

. To knit box stitch when knitting flat, you need a number of stitches
that's equal to a multiple of 4 plus 2:

Rows

 1 and 4: *K2, p2,

repeat

 from * to last 2 sts, k2.

Rows 2 and 3: *P2, k2, repeat from * to last 2 sts, p2.

Repeat these 4 rows for the

pattern.