[Nfb-krafters-korner] SSK Knit Stitch

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Jan 28 03:49:33 UTC 2013

Well, now that we've been discussing it, I can understand knitting through
the back of the two stitches, that seems to be a direction of the yarn flow
and doesn't twist the stitch.  That makes since to me, however, why can't
they write the SSK instructions by telling you straight out to knit through
back of loops with the right needle at the end?

This is why I keep a file in my netbook reference definition of stitches.
If that isn't bad enough, if you are knitting from different books, like I
do, you really have to double check on the writer's own versions of stitch
directions because that is what they are using in their patterns.  If a
pattern doesn't specify stitch or stitch combination instructions, then I go
with how I do them myself.

I think I am going to double check some of my books on SSK and if they
aren't any clearer, then I think I'm going to start doing the combination
you use.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net