[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mary Porter

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jul 6 20:08:13 UTC 2013

I noticed you are talking about making pictures with Braille and Mary
Porter.  Did yu know Mary Porter was the Aunt to our second vice president,
Laurie Porter?

Perkins School has come out with a book called Drawing with a Perkins or is
 it Drawing with a Perkins Brailler?  The book can be purchased from
Perkins  website.  They have all the pictures in the book Brailled out and the
option is to have the instructions in Braille or print which is in the  book.
I purchased the book from Perkins 2 or 3 years back and it was  around $25
for the one in print plus shipping.  It is a great book and my  Grand
daughters  are now giving it a try doing the pictures.  I had  some trouble with
it as I do not know the contractions and couldn't find a  resource for them
that might be verbal/print and Braille.  I know the  alphabet, but my touch
is not that good to feel and read.