[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille pictures

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Jul 7 11:44:05 UTC 2013

Paulette has a good point here - about what it means to "see" something. It
is not just sighted people, it is all people who just want to have a quick
look at something. To "look" at something is just a quick flash, and on you
go to the next thing. "Seeing" is a very slow process, it takes a lot of
time. It is medetative, and requires time and the use of all of the senses.
We LOOK, but we don't SEE, and that goes for everyone until they begin to
learn HOW to SEE.
I love Joyce's response, about FEELING the picture - because it does require
using another sense beyond that quick LOOK with the eyes.

I think that anyone who wants to make any kind of art can do it. This is one
way for those who are interested in it, and of course so many other ways of
expressing creativity are explored by folks on this list. The variety of
ways to create are endless.
Lynda