[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tomatoes

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Sun Jul 7 23:38:00 UTC 2013

Oh, you sure sound like a lady from the very northern parts of our country. lol
Green tomatoes come before the red tomatoes. Yes, those of us from the north call them not ready to eat, but a southern lady can't wait to get those big green tomatoes on their vine. The farmers markets love them too. The cost is way more then ripe red tomatoes.

Here is a secret from a northern lady who doesn't have enough green tomatoes in her garden. Slice a cucumber and batter as a green tomato. Now a true fried green tomato lover will detect a difference but most of us will gobble them up. lol
Henrietta