[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille pictures

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed Jul 10 17:20:33 UTC 2013

 There are many uses!  A teacher can make a braille picture and teach a child what a saile boat, Christmas tree, house,... look like.  The child, while fealing the outline, can color, light a sight child.  Children and adults can make cards of all kinds for each other.  The blind person will know it is a Christmas tree, a birthday cake, a cup cake.. with no description!
Verizons For the Blind, used thermaphorm to make raised line drawings for my plastic canvas book.  Not much of this is done, anymore.  It is done with a mold and heating plastic paper, to conform to the shape of the mold. I sent plastic canvas samples of the steps, to make the coaster and they made the diagrams.
There are kids books and even adults, with raised line diagrams.
Look at the book for the eye phone, showing the lay out of the screen.
That couldn't be done with out embossers that could do graphics.

Terry P.